LIVE MODULE INSTALLATION
It's very simple to install the live module plugins to maya, blender and unity. Simply follow the instruction below and you'll be up and running with the example scenes in less than 2 mins!
!! We have added a new BLENDER ADDON instruction VIDEO !!
!! We also added a MAYA plugin and instruction VIDEO !!
For your own custom characters you will need to have your model equipped with 52 artkit compatible blendshapes in them which will work with our Facemotion3d app.
MAYA script installation (for maya 2020,2021)
- drag the maya FM_maya.mel file to the maya's viewport.
- input iPhone IP with correct ip address found on your FM ios. (it's in the setting page of Fm-ios app)
the local ip should already be automatically set. However local ip address can change after few days, and if you have trouble connecting, check your local ip again and input correct locap IP. (cmd prompt and type "ipconfig to find your local ip) more info HERE --or you can simply input "0.0.0.0" in your maya plugin's locap ip field.
- open the example FM_maya.ma file.
- press "stream" button in the maya FM plugin window
- you should see it streaming.
- it's best to set maya's fps (in the FM ios app settings/stream settings/maya/fps) to 15 or 20fps
- currently there is a bug with maya 2022 and streaming will not work until autodesk fixes it.
BLENDER add-on installation (new video tutorial below)
BLENDER ADDON INSTRUCTION VIDEO
- Add blender add-on FM_blender module as you would for any other blender add-ons
- put your FM ios app's iPhone IP (in the FM app's settings)
- the local ip should already be automatically set. However local ip address can change after few days, and if you have trouble connecting, check your local ip again and input correct locap IP. (cmd prompt and type "ipconfig to find your local ip). explained HERE
--or you can simply input "0.0.0.0" in your maya plugin's locap ip field.
- open the example file. to go shaded mode (not eevee)
- press stream on the FM blender plugin's top button
- you should see it streaming.
- baking recorded data is only available to Blender live stream subscribers or purchasers
- For your own characters, you need to have the 52 arkit apple standard blendshapes made for them. Look Here for info.
- If you want to use our pipeline to create custom arkit blendshapes for DAZ topology, click HERE (go to the bottom of the page)
Blender Addon and Recording/Baking TUTORIAL VIDEO!!! (click link below to watch or download)
Unity exe file instructions
- launch your Facemotion ios app
- double click on the Unitysame.exe for Unity (say yes for firewall incoming connection pop up box)
- That's it! you can now see your same head moving with your facial performance.
- when you want to exit, press Alt+F4 in your windows machine. also when finished demoing turn off streaming in the FM ios app (the square icon on top left, or just quit the app)
- If you want to use our Unity script to work with your own models, your character mesh should have the apple standard 52 arkit blendshapes in them. Look Here for info.
- You can use our custom solution to make arkit blendshapes for them based on DAZ topology and mesh. More info HERE (at the bottom of the page)
DAZ FACEMOTION LIVE TUTORIAL
Shows a quick tutorial on how to use Facemotion Live plugin for DAZ with FM app.
DAZ LIVE STREAMING
FACEMOTION LIVE for DAZ is a separate plugin that works inside daz along with our daz FM ios module and more information about the DAZ streaming plugin can be found HERE.